So, here’s the post I promised for the weekend, just a little bit late.
It seems I wasn’t the only one working long hours last week. The girls must have been busy during that heat wave. Lili and Marjory were both bearding up the front of their boxes, even at night in the downpour of rain we had after the heat, so I knew they were running out of room. I was really worried one or the other would swarm before I could make some more room for them.
Monday evening, the rain held off long enough for me to get a few more top bars to each of them. I didn’t look through their combs at all, but when I moved the division boards back I could see that they had used up just about all the space available to them, and were capping honey on the back comb that was visible.